Is your blog visitors sending messages to you with the help of comments? Are your missing direct advertising options on your blog due to lack of Contact Me form? If so don't worry, adding a Contact Me form to your blog is very easy. Without having any HTML programming skills we can easily add a contact me form using the free online services like Feedback.com, Response-o-matic and wufoo.com.
Once you signup with any one of these free sites, you can design the required form with the help of simple and elegant drag and drop user interface. After completing the design of the form, you will be provided with a simple HTML which you have to copy and paste in your blog. To display a Contact Me form you can make us any of your older posts or use footer area. Otherwise to give more professional look, the Contact Me form can be displayed on a pop up window(to see demo, click on Contact Me link available on the right side top corner of my blog).
Displaying Contact Me form as a popup is bit tricky. Follow these simple steps to achieve it
- Place the HTML code of Contact Me form provide by free online service with in the <body> section of the following HTML snippet
<!-- Paste your Contact Me form code
provide by free online
service below(before </body> tag) -->
- Save the code as a HTML file and upload it any web site (you can use Google page creator free service to host the file). After uploading the file, get the URL of the file.
- Now it is time to edit your blogger template HTML. Take a back up of your template HTML before modifying it so that we can rollback incase of any problems
- Copy and paste the following java script before the </head> tag of your blogger template HTML code
function popup(mylink, windowname)
if (! window.focus)return true;
if (typeof(mylink) == 'string')
window.open(href, windowname, 'width=400,height=200,scrollbars=yes');
- It is almost over, we are just a single step away. Now add a Contact Me link in the desired location of your blog using the following HTML code
HREF="Don't forget to replace this text with your Contact Me form URL"
onClick="return popup(this, 'notes')">Contact Me</A>
- That's all your blog displays a popup window contact form when some one clicks on Contact Me link.
Hope you have successfully added the Contact Me form. Incase if you face any difficulty please don't hesitate to contact me.