Microsoft released a freeware Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove Windows Installer configuration information from applications that refuse to install.
Even though this application is not a day to day used utility, but it is very good when you need to remove corrupted installation configurations. You may want to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program if you experience installation problems. For example, you may have to remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information if you have installation problems when you try to add (or remove) a component of your program that was not included when you first installed your program.
This application is compatible with the following versions of Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 ( 32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or later (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 98 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 95 (32 bit)
Follow the link to download the utility from Microsoft Download Center.