Google Jobs has an interesting advertisement. Google is searching for Microsoft Office Experts! Google Jobs site is running an advertisement for "Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, Google.org - San Francisco" with the requirements
- 5-8 years administrative experience in a fast-paced, high-tech environment; non-profit experience is a plus.
- BA/BSc degree from a top-tier university.
- Proven mastery of Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency.
- Interest and experience in interacting with all levels and departments within a company - to include working with several field offices, domestic and international.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Darren Strange, the UK Product Manager for Microsoft Office noticed this ad and said
The implication seems clear - if they have "interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency" they'll need to be Microsoft Office experts.
Does it mean that Google is depending much on Microsoft Office products rather on it's own/supported office products Star Office and Google Docs to carry out day to day activities efficiently?
Thanks Darren Strange