Scott Johnston, the former VP of Product Development at JotSpot and now the new Googler revealed product and feature releases of 2008.
He revealed about the upcoming plans of Google at Google Apps Presentation in Ann Arbor which surprised many, as Google is usually fairly tight lipped about future product releases. Here is the list
- Google Sites, an evolution of Google Page Creator will launch in 2008. Google Sites will be based on JotSpot collaboration tools and will allow businesses to create intranets, project management tracking, extranets and other custom sites.
- Google Docs, Gmail and Calendar to work offline via Google Gears
- User can edit a Google document offline at the same time another user also can edit the online version. The offline and online documents are merged with special algorithm and they are also versioned
- GrandCentral will be integrated into Google Apps
- Google Docs Spreadsheets application allows users to dynamically query Google in a cell for information from Google Finance or web search