By default Firefox displays a list of website address which matches to the characters entered in Address bar. This gives us an easy way to scroll down and select the required address if it is already there in visited web pages list.
But if we set the value of property browser.urlbar.autoFill to true, Firefox automatically completes the address as we type. In some cases this feature of Firefox browser saves time by automatically filling the address which we are about to type.
Follow these simple steps to enable auto fill property in Firefox browser
- Type about:config in the address bar
- Locate the configuration key browser.urlbar.autoFill (you can use filter to easily locate keys)
- Right click on the configuration key and select the option Toggle.By default the value is set to false, you should change it true to enable auto filling.
- That's it done. From now onwards your Firefox browser will automatically fill the address as you type in the address bar
Other Popular Firefox Posts
- Firefox Tip - Stop Firefox from Pre-Fetching Web Pages And Reduce Your Bandwidth Usage
- How to Open Accidentally Closed Browser Tabs
- Single Firefox Plug in to Upload/Download Flickr, Picasa Albums, Youtube, Box.net and Facebook Content
Don't you use Firefox? Please think again if you are not using!
Firefox is one of the best web explorers available in the market. Just look at the few awards won by Firefox for the past 2 years.
- PC World 100 Best Products of 2007, 2006 & 2005
- PC Magazine Choice, October 2006, 2005
- Forbes Best of the Web, May 2005
- Webware 100 winner, June 2007
- CNET Editors' Choice, October 2006
Get the FREE Firefox browser right now for for faster and secure web browsing.