Firefox along with Google Toolbar provides a great web surfing experience. Undoubtedly this combination is one of the best for software for web surfing.
But if you observer the Firefox browser window, you find the Google search boxes duplicated. One search box is available next to the URL bar and another search box in the Google toolbar.
If you don't like the duplication of search boxes, you can easily remove one among them. As it is more comfortable to use the search box available in the Google tool bar, I suggest you to remove the top right side search. But it's always your choice to remove the one which you don't like.
Removing Search Box Available In Top Right Corner
- Right click on the empty area on top of the search box available in the right side; display a popup menu.
- Select Customize... option available in the popup menu; displays Customize Toolbar window.
- Now drag the search box available on right side top corner and drop it on the Customize Toolbar window
- Click on Done to close the Customize Toolbar window
Removing Search Box Available In Google Toolbar
- Click on Settings button available on Google Toolbar
- Select Options...; displays Google Toolbar Options window
- Click on Layouts icon
- Select Replace Firefox search box option
- Click on Ok button to save the layout customisation