Google's new anti malware advisory services tells you whether a site is safe to browse or does it contain any Malware, Trojans or malicious scripts that may pose security risk.
The Google's anti malware advisory service reporting 208 blogs hosted on blogspot.com to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site. Where as blogs hosted on wordpress.com are very safe and not even a single blog is reported as threat.
Here are the few points from the report on blogs hosted by blogspot.com
- 227 suspicious activities are recorded over the past 90 days
- 5880 torjans, 844 scripting exploits and 262 adwares are identified
- Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new processes on the target machine
You can view Google Anti Malware Advisory diagnostic report of a any web site by appending the web site name to the url "http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=". For example using the url http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=techdreams.org you can view report of TechDreams
The reports gives answers to the following questions
- What is the current listing status?
- What happened when Google visited this site?
- Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
- Has this site hosted malware?