Apple today announced the details of much awaited (and much rumoured!) new 3G iPhone at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference.
The new iPhone is much thinner, much faster and much cheaper than the predecessors. The new 8 GB iPhone costs just $199 as opposed to the current 8 GB model that costs $399.
Image credit : Apple
Here is a quick summary of what is new in 3G iPhone
- 3G service for faster Internet access
- Built-in GPS with support of A-GPS, that supplements regular satellite GPS data with information from cellular towers
- Thinner edges with full plastic back pack
- Flush headphone jack
- Built in support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, push email, contacts and calendar(makes a perfect mobile device for enterprise communication)
- To be available in stores from July 11th
- The cost of 8 GB iPhone is reduced to $199 and 16 GB is available at $299
- 16 GB iPhones are available in white colour too
iPhone will arrive in the following countries on 11th July: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada , Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA .